Gary Locke, former Governor of Washington, U.S. Secretary of Commerce, and U.S. Ambassador to China, joins the podcast to cap off our final episode of Asian-American & Pacific Islanders Heritage Month and shares stories from his incredible journey in public service. We also talk about a week worth of important news, as well as some bantering about the special election in Montana and the upcoming special election in Georgia’s 6th District.
- Why Trump’s 2018 budget proposal is bad for the opioid addiction epidemic
- FCC Net Neutrality
- Trump budget’s 2 trillion dollar mystery
- Young Jared is in trouble
- Bernie Sanders’s support for Rob Quist
- Montana’s demographics (not that favorable to Democrats)
- GA-06 has 9% Asian-Americans!
- Jon Ossoff’s appeal to Republicans
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.