We wish Lincoln a Happy Birthday, though we doubt he’d be happy with what’s going on in America right now. We discuss why Jeff Sessions’s confirmation as Attorney General would be, among many other things, bad for voting rights. We also share harrowing campaign war stories to show just how hard, complicated, and unpredictable it is to get people to vote.
- What is Easy D? (Well we will never know, but here’s the link to the original tweet.)
- Nordstrom’s stock soars after Trump’s tweets
- Behind-the-scenes back and forth on Trump’s secret call to Xi, then bash NY Times for “Fake News”
- Summary of Shelby County v. Holder (where “pre-clearance” requirement of the Voting Rights Act was nullified)
- Bill O’Reilly challenging Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated “voter fraud” claim (starting at 5:57 of interview)
- (MMP Episode 2 thoroughly debunking Trump’s “voter fraud” claim.)
- Jeff Sessions calling the Voting Rights Act “Intrusive”
- Evelyn Turner’s opposition to Jeff Sessions’s nomination as Attorney General
- Albert Turner Jr’s support of Jeff Sessions’s nomination as Attorney General
- Harper v. Virginia State Board of Elections
- What’s the Texas Two-Step and why is it gone?
- Durham County polling stations extension due to vote machine problems
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.