What do Disney FastPass and budget reconciliation have in common, and why we should care in the aftermath of the Trumpcare debacle? Find out from this episode! Also, we highlight two congressional districts where the Asian-American vote can make a decisive difference in the 2018 mid-term elections.
- Avenue Q musical, where Tony first learned the word “schadenfreude”
- Paul Ryan’s statement after Trumpcare failed
- This is why Trumpcare was a bad bill. Period.
- Asian Americans’ numbers and political influence are growing (LA Times)
- Cook Political Report on competitive House elections in 2018
- What to find the racial demographics for a congressional district? Go here
- California 49th District (Darrell Issa)
- Nevada 3rd District (Jacky Rosen)
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.