Omar Khan, former Obama administration official at the Office of U.S. Trade Representative and campaign manager for former Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida, joins the podcast to discuss what it was like to manage a state-wide campaign in Florida as an Asian-American and work on the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Also, Tony and Kevin talk about judicial independence and why Trump’s latest bullet-point plan to “reform” our tax code is just a tax cut for…well Trump.
- SF Judge blocks Trump’s sanctuary cities EO
- How Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin tried to sell Trump’s tax reform
- How Trump’s “tax reform” only benefits the rich (including himself)
- Overview of Trump’s bullet-point tax plan (want details? no one knows…TBD)
- Overview of Trump’s bullet-point tax plan (part 2)
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.