In this official first episode, we introduce our weekly segment, “This Week’s Trump Tweets” #twtt. We also chat about why the AAPI racial category makes no sense, each ethnicities home country politics, and why you should care about these nuances, whether you are Asian or not.
- Episode 0 (Listen to this episode to find out why we started this podcast.)
- Sean Spicer’s pre-inauguration interview at the University of Chicago
- Trump talks about how he will use 280 characters to push back on the media
- NBC News report that Trump tried to undermine re: “new job” announcements
- 2010 Census Report on AAPI racial group growth and composition
- Breakdown of locations of the Asian diaspora in America
- Section 203 Voting District
- Wausau, Wisconsin: largest number of Hmong population per capita in the US
- Good primer of the recent armed conflicts between India and Pakistan
- South Korean government monitors Trump’s Twitter account
- Influx of international students to the US, surpassing 1 million in 2016
- AB 1726 in California, proposing to micro-dissect the AAPI category
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.