Punya Krishnappa, Affordable Care Act Deputy Campaign Manager at Organizing for America, joins the podcast to talk about her journey in electoral politics as an Indian-American growing up in Illinois. We also take Trump White House Deputy Spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, to task for calling Jeff Sessions a campaign “volunteer” to desperately do damage control from the fallout of his communications with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
- Sergey Kislyak profile #1 (Politico)
- Sergey Kislyak profile #2 (NY Times)
- White House Press Gaggle Transcript where Sarah Huckabee Sanders calls Jeff Sessions a “volunteer”
- Justin Hendrix’s informative counter-tweet-storm to Trump’s gaslighting
- Why Jeff Sessions will likely not be prosecuted for perjury
- How GOP’s “Replace and Repeal” of Obamacare will increase your medical cost
- FBI arrest of Juan Thompson for bomb threats against Jewish Community Centers
- Proposed 37% budget cuts to the State Department
- Proposed 17% budget cuts to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.