Kevin Xu brings a special episode of his coverage of Day 1 of the Democratic Primary Debates in Detroit, Michigan, with both stories from real people he met in Detroit and his thoughts on the democratic candidates’ performance from the debate.
– debate did not address real wage issues that’s plaguing the manufacturing industry in the Midwest
– the Medicare-for-all v. public + private options separation on healthcare is real
– 2nd tier candidates are fighting to pick up the “moderate mantle” vs the leading progressive candidates
– Warren > Bernie
– Marianne has much longer staying power than people think
– Bullock is not going to take off.