Frank Aum, former Special Advisor on North Korea at the Department of Defense under President Obama and current Visiting Scholar at the US-Korea Institute at School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, joins the podcast to talk about his career in foreign policy. Tony and Kevin also share their thoughts and reactions to a weekend of tension on the Korean Peninsula, all because of a Trump tweet.
- North Korea’s new, fancy weaponry
- North Korea’s history of nuclear tests and how they actually work
- 5 Ways the North Korea situation could go terribly wrong
- China’s unprecedented 150,000 troops movement to the North Korean border to prepare for war
- Tension on the Korean Peninsula, and why it matters
Editorial Disclaimer: The content of this episode has been edited for clarity and better listening experience. We recorded this podcast over Skype, using Pamela Skype Audio Recorder, and edited this podcast using Adobe Audition. Painstaking effort has been taken to remove vocal annoyances like stuttering, talking too quickly, or overusing vocal cliches like “um”, “ah”, “uh”, and “you know.” We promise that none of our conversations have been edited out of sequence.